Monday, February 8, 2010

New Article: PTSD and Morphine

by 13 Stoploss



A couple weeks ago, I took an assignment for the school paper--mostly because I didn't want some overly-ambitious nineteen-year old to write about something she/he knew nothing about. While I don't have a face in particular in mind, the sort abounds too frequently similar. Any rate, this was my chance to shine, to write an article from which I had experience and connections to directly contribute! And so I did... though some of it was edited. Oh well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a good article. Made me want to read it. Raised questions. Hopefully they have already begun long term studies.

Sabra said...

Interesting article. Informative and very well-written. I'm taking Abnormal Psych this term, and we're currently discussing stress disorders; I think I'll mention this to the prof and see if he has any knowledge of it. I wonder if it has possible wider application--as you noted in the article, the connection here seems to be PTSD connected with injury, so I'm curious as to whether it could help prevent PTSD with different etiologies. I think that it well might, given that it seems to work by somewhat lessening memory formation. Of course, it wouldn't help with all PTSD, but maybe it could be part of treatment for things like rape, which is as you know a chief cause of the disorder.