Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stoploss Backpay Compensation Update 2

by 13 Stoploss

Got an email this afternoon. By my calculations, this email reached me 5 weeks, 6 days, and 18 hours quicker than the letter the VA mailed me when they accepted my application for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

Dear Jason Davis,

A Retroactive Stop Loss Payment for Army Service Member Jason Davis has been established as Case Number RSL********.

If you need to submit supporting documents, please send them in as soon as possible.

Mail to:
U.S. Army G-1
Retro Stop Loss Pay
Suite 302
5109 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 2204



Email to:
RetroStopLossPay@conus.army.mil

4 comments:

JT said...

I would like to share some information that may be helpful to either of you or some of your readers.
I recently heard about a new resource for OIF/OEF (only) veterans having financial difficulties. It is not publicized so here's the overview:

"Brave Fund"

Only available to OEF/OIF veterans in FL, TX, CA

Veteran is having some financial struggle- not clearly defined as I heard about the program.

Funds accessed through OEF/OIF program at local VA- talk to social worker or program manager.

Intention is for funds to get veteran through the challenge for a 90 day period.

Funds available: $1500 as approved at local VA office. If documented need is greater, unusual, has to be approved 'higher up'- believe through Red Cross.

Funds are paid to vendor, like a mechanic to fix car, landlord for deposit, etc. and mailed to veteran

Turnaround time if done through local VA is 1 week usually

I believe they are not doing a major broadcast of this because of limitations on the funds- apparently a California millionare wanted to give back and founded this program to express gratitude.

Sorry I don't have more particulars or a better idea of the fine person funding this!

You can ask me a question but I've given you all the information I have. Hope this is helpful!

JT

13 Stoploss said...

JT, thank you for this. Can you send me an email to 13stoploss@gmail.com? I would like to ask you another question or two...

- Jason

JT said...

inbound

JT said...

BrAIve Emergency Assistance Program

(Correct title)