Sunday, May 17, 2009

I Burn

by 13 Stoploss


When I was younger, I used to collect baseball cards. In the Army, I collected bottles of Rum. Now, I collect cameras, and attractive people to photograph. Technically, I'm an advanced photo student; outside of school, I'm barely an amateur. I've found that this creative outlet acts as a buffer from being overloaded in more traditional classroom work. And, depending on how far my GI Bill goes, am planning to double-major in Literary Journalism, and Creative Photography.

Hold the "control" button, then click on the blue words. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't do digital either. Maybe I'm not skillful enough or don't have the right equipment, but I don't see anything done with digital that does what I'd like to capture. I love contrast of light and dark, especially on faces, and digital cameras argue this with me. I don't feel digital pays proper respect to the moment. I like being immersed in the view through the lens while I'm trying to nail down a little piece of time. The tendency with digital is "just take a bunch of pictures, one is bound to turn out." That blows the best part for me, the meditative aspect of making a shot.
Good luck trying to hang on to film, the tide is against.
Of your pictures posted I like the old guy with the baseball cap, the little girl on the play structure, and the tree. I don't think I would get tired of those. z

Military Checks said...

thats a nice pic, damn she is beautiful

13 Stoploss said...

thanks, z. my thoughts summed up perfectly; well said.

mil checks: she's photogenic, and a sweetheart. a sight to behold, and a lovely friend.